Sunday, July 15, 2012

Did You Remember to Pray Today? ...

God didn't forget to wake you up this morning.

As I lie in bed this Sunday morning, bummed I feel like I've been hit by a bus and was not able to make it to services, I walk across the room and pick up one of the three bibles in my room, the one that makes me smile the most. The camouflage covered bible, and I turn to a newly rediscovered favorite passage of mine. Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility consider others as more important than yourself. Everyone should look out not only for his own interests , but also for the interests of others. Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:3-5. I've been reading and rereading this, trying to figure out why I can put people before me in my life but I never really feel completely happy. Then it hit me this morning, verse 5 Everyone should look out not only for his own interests , but also for the interests of others. I realize now I would put myself on hold. I would look out for others and only others but leave myself and my interests out. That's not at all how it should be. Even God wants you to look out for yourself and others not just others. I guess this goes back to my being more about me, post. Which I am working on but it's hard to change old habits. 


After that realization I turned to a marked spot a few pages over and found a scripture I had forgotten was in the bible, Since you have put away lying, Speak the truth, each one to his neighbor, because we are members of one another. Be angry but do not sin. Don't let the sun go down on your anger and don't give the Devil an opportunity. Ephesians 4:25-27

and another, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived; no sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, or swindlers will inherit God's kingdom. Some of you were like this; but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the LORD Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

That's what I'll leave you with today. Church is a blessing but when you can't make it studying the bible yourself helps you find things that are the most applicable to your life. 

Love, 
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment