Thursday, July 12, 2012

Two Different Therapies

Godly Therapy:
This week we are having a gospel meeting at church. I promise you this couldn't have come at a better time :) The preacher is Ken Leach. He's the closest thing I have to a grandpa and one of my dearest friends. HE's one of those people who can genuinely listen ( when he can hear you, he's getting kind of old, haha) he can make you cry with his thoughts about you and the truth in the word he preaches and he can make you laugh because he is always telling an old or new corny joke. He is a role model of mine and he has so many great qualities it's hard not to love and respect him. He will be 74 this year and two years ago, when I was as single as ever I saw him in Huntsville AL and asked him to do me the biggest favor when I get married I wanted him to officiate, this brought tears to his eyes and more to mine. He is one of the greatest blessings in my life. And I almost lost him last year. He had a tumor in his intestines and it ate through the wall and his body became septic, it was poisoning him from the inside. Only 8 out of 10 people survive when this happens. And he did. We went to breakfast Monday and he told me that story and told me the moment that came to his mind was when I asked him to perform my marriage. He thought of ME as he was dying. ME! Of all the people that man knows ( he was a referee in professional basketball and is personal friends with team owners, coaches, and some players) he thought of me. He told me how beautiful I was inside and out, he talked to me like talking to his granddaughter about how much he loves me and cares about me and how when it's time to travel from Sun City, AZ to Cookeville, TN he thinks of how he'll get to see me. He even told me how much I inspire him and he looks up to my deep thoughts and how I help him and am one of the best friends he's ever had. Well, God knew exactly what I've been through lately and knew exactly what I needed. Boy, did he give it to me. My spirit is renewed and uplifted and I know the kind of woman I want and need to be and work on becoming. He sent a very special blessing into my life to fill a space that had been voided from my life. I may not get to see him very often and we may not be blood related but it's so much thicker than that, we're connected by Christ. My Father knew exactly what I needed and He provided. I can't imagine how much my heart will ache when he leaves on Saturday but I know I will miss him dearly and I will see him again one day. He is my grandpa. He is a big model of characteristics I want to find in a man one day. His love keeps me going and I know no matter what he is always there for me. We had another great lesson tonight about Jesus, just learning more about our Savior always makes for a great week. It was about Jesus, the Servant, when he washed the disciples feet. It really makes me think about how I treat others and others in my church family. I want to be able to treat everyone the way Jesus treated them. Holding people in higher esteem than myself...and being HAPPY about it!! At the close of every lesson he leads us in number 47, God Is So Good. It makes me sing out and brings tears to my eyes everytime as I think about all I am thankful for and how God has richly blessed me, with a great family, friends and just people who care about me and love me.

"He Saved My Soul, and He Made Me Whole, I praise His Name, I Praise His Name, He's So Good To Me!"

Retail Therapy:
I went shopping today.. :) everyone is having bookoos of sales and everyone needs to check them out. I spent around $100 and got a trench jacket, two dresses, a new backpack for school, some bath and body works goodness, a cardigan and three shirts. It was the best rainy day I've had in a while. I got to spend it with my bestie Jenna and it was much needed.

As Always, Love,
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment