Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Caution: I'm Not Like Other Girls

Let me start by saying I'm no princess. That's not how I was raised to think. I was never treated like one, or told that I should be treated like one. I was just another cousin growing up, they were all boys except for the oldest who's 9 years older than me and another girl who's 4 years younger than me. There are 7 cousins inbetween the two. All boys, being a princess was no option. I was a little boy just like them,  I just wore these weird long shirts with no pants to play in, oh wait, that was my mother's attempt at making me "girly" so I played in the dirt and mud and the creek and whatever else in a "play" dress. I was in a dress and boots before I knew it was so dang cute.

I grew up with a mom and dad who didn't exactly get the whole communication thing. And I inherited that. Talking about important things is not my strongest area. And I'd rather cover it up than dig deeper into the problem to fix it. Guy mode, I just don't want conflict. I cannot deal with it. I just get upset and it escalates quick, I may yell, I may get quiet, or I may leave. I'm a runner, leaving is what I do best. I hate that. I wish I could man up and stay and face it, but I wasn't taught how to stand up for myself. I'd rather tell you you're right to stop the argument. It's how I deal. I'm trying to change it, it's a work in progress. I definitely have a backbone now and I'll stand up to anyone.

I don't care for fancy flowers or big boxes of chocolate. I don't like Valentine's Day. I can't stand being put on a pedestal. I don't get jealous of a guy I like had friends who are girls. I don't get jealous of girls who are treated like princesses. I want to smack them and tell them to get off their high horse and get back to the real world. I'm from a simpler place and mindset. One hand picked flower over a dozen long stem roses any day.  Fishing and riding backroads is a better date than supper and a movie. I enjoy paying for my own things every now and then. I like to even treat guys sometimes. I have no problem driving/taking my car places. I just like being treated like a normal human. That doesn't mean I never want to be made to feel like I'm special. I am special. I just don't need grand gestures to prove it. Some girls want guys to think bigger. I'm all for small. Netflix or at home movie dates. (I'd rather not dress up anyway) I've learned to appreciate things that are so usually taken for granted. And I never ever want to lose that mindset. It makes a rainbow or even the blue clear sky on my drive to or from school an amazing thing. This weather lately has got me giddy for Autumn. (My absolute favorite season!!)

I'm a romantic. I like to write things down so people always know how I feel about them and they can go back and reread it over and over. I like little things like that done for me. But that means I'll do them for you too. I may want to spend every last penny on you and every second with you but I realize that's not possible or mentally or financially responsible. I'm just a girl who wants to be loved and shown she's loved. And I can guarantee you're going to get back 100x what you put in plus my 100%.  This isn't a date Mychal post. This is a Mychal's kind of weird and different but try to understand her and it's really not that hard. Trust is the foundation for everything, and is the best gift I could ever receive from anyone or give to anyone. I promise to treat it with care if you do...

Oh and anywhere I can wear my boots ( which is almost everywhere) is a perfectly acceptable place to be ;)

Yeah, going to be for real now.
Goodnight & Sweet Dreams

ME

1 comment: