Monday, September 3, 2012

When You're Happy You Enjoy the Music..

..when you're sad you understand the lyrics -Frank Ocean


She prays one day she'll find someone to need her
She swears that there's no difference
Between the lies and compliments
It's all the same if everybody leaves her

She's given boys what they want
And tries to act nonchalant
Afraid they'll see that she's lost her direction

She never stays the same for long 
Assuming that she'll get it wrong
Perfect only in her imperfection

She would change everything, for happy ever after
Caught in the in-between a beautiful disaster


She said she was a runnin' from her past.
Every breath she stole felt like my last.
And her kiss told me 'better get outta there', but I was too far to care. 
And that's the thing about a hurricane.
She's all lightnin', and wind and rain.
Get's you close and you're swept away.
Better hold on till it breaks, caues it's a hell of a ride, 

if you can just survive the pain. 
That's the thing about a hurricane. 


She loved him like he was the last man on earthGave him everything she ever hadHe'd break her spirit down, then come lovin' up on herGive a little, then take it backShe'd tell him about her dreams, he'd just shoot 'em downLord he loved to make her cryYou're crazy for believin', you'll never leave the groundHe said only angels know how to flyAnd with a broken wing she still singsShe keeps an eye on the skyWith a broken wing she carries her dreamsMan you ought to see her fly


No you don't know what it's like
When nothing feels alright
You don't know what it's like, to be like me
To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark
To be kicked, when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
When no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life




My heart was open
Exposed and hoping
For you to lay it on the line
But in the end it seemed
There was no room for me
Still I tried, to change your mind.
I guess I wanted you more
And looking back now I'm sure
I wanted you more
I guess I wanted you more
Ohhh, I don't need you
I don't need you anymore



my life in songs.. I don't have much to write about. School is in its second week and I'm already stressed to the max. My meds the Dr. gave for my joint problems aren't working, so being constantly sore and tired mixed with school and insomnia is just the perfect way for school to start, not... Still looking on the bright side. I just got back from Bowling Green and visited my oldest friend, Sarah. I had an interesting weekend, technical difficulties, back roads in the dark, Historic tour at Mammoth Cave, and a perfectly lazy Labor Day morning with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, then home bound on a rainy interstate and supper and studying. Now, Golden Girls, Blogging, and trying to get to sleeeepppp. No luck, maybe turning this off will help. 

Sweet Dreams, 
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment