Monday, September 17, 2012

Power of Prayer ---> Day 2

In my life so much has been going on lately. The past month I've dealt with a tough break-up, rumors, an illness that's still undiagnosed and untreated, and to top it all off, my car of 5 and a half months just died. The transmission went out. Wonderful timing. I look at all these challenges just as they are trial to test my faith and its endurance. Satan throwing things at me to get discouraged and at first it was working, but I looked into it and really started my life change, things that used to bother me don't, I laugh at things that I can;t control and I pray, for everything. Mostly a feeling of contentment in my life that I had previously been lacking, because I'd been searching for the contentment in worldly things that will go away and not on things eternal.
James 1:2-4 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Which bring me to thinking about the importance of prayer. The avenue by which we get to talk to our creator.
James 1:5-8 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Just like we can talk to our best friend about anything we can talk to God about anything. And we should and we shouldn't stop! It's so encouraging to be told we have a God who cares about us and is always listening and urging us to talk to him and share with him.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always;17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

When you pray don't think you aren't worthy for God to grant your request or he's not going to pay attention to you because you believe that he has more important issues. He wants us to trust Him and wholly lean on Him for everything!
Matthew 21:21-22 21 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. 22 And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

Prayer is the best therapy. Sometimes by talking to God and hear ourselves and our problems we find a way to fix them but I believe it's because we brought it to God. He is almighty! He can help you with anything, remember Him when your sad and suffering, but don't forget to thank Him when everything is going well!


No comments:

Post a Comment