Saturday, September 15, 2012

Goal Vertigo

“Anyone whose goal is 'something higher' must expect someday to suffer vertigo. What is vertigo? Fear of falling? No, Vertigo is something other than fear of falling. It is the voice of the emptiness below us which tempts and lures us, it is the desire to fall, against which, terrified, we defend ourselves.” 
― Milan KunderaThe Unbearable Lightness of Being



Goals are tricky and sometimes complicated things. You can't set a goal you're not 100% committed to reaching. Setting a goal is more than just saying it or thinking about it, it's putting everything into reaching that goal and pushing yourself toward it every single day.

Man, have I been a horrible goal setter. I have sets little goals but never pushed myself to achieve them. One of my earlier posts I had all these goals. I really want to know what happened to them. What happened to the enthusiasm we have when we set these goals and what makes us sink back into our old habits and routines. But that's just it, we go back to our habits, habits are formed and broken in 21 days. So take it one goal at a time, and stick to it for 21 days and see how much you consider it a habit when you finish the trial period. It's not gonna be easy and you're gonna wanna give up. But I'm starting something new. And blogging is a part of it. In 21 days I have a goal to read at least one chapter in the Bible, and post an uplifting and encouraging blog about it. If you notice me slacking and see me out, tell me you're reading. And you want me to reach my goal. It means more than you know and maybe we can learn something together. And become closer to the God and LORD who created it all. Help me reach my goal.

I've just been inspired lately to really take my goal of getting to Heaven very seriously. That's why I find it should be my first 21 day trial period to make it a habit. I know I can do it, and I want to take as many people with me as possible! :)

I can't wait to really get in the swing of this.
  
Love 
ME <3

No comments:

Post a Comment